Philosophy / Illiterature / Comedy

Sunday, February 7, 2010

Philosophy is erotic as religion is erotic. I suggest that humans are erotic in 3 related but separable ways.

The trinity is baby, penis, christ.

Baby is a metaphor for the object of unselfish tenderness. Lovers often snuggle/pillow-talk in the feeling of tenderness rather than lust. It's just the baby seems like the ideal symbol for what is actually an archetype.

The penis is the metaphor for the object of lust. Tits and ass would also work, but because I think lust is better symbolized by the female, I will use penis as the metaphor for this archetype.

Next is Christ. Buddha or Elvis would work just as well, almost. This is the object of spiritual desire, related to the ideal self. This is the source of religion, I think.

Which brings us back to "philosophy is erotic." I suggest that philosophy is a manifestation of that third "spiritual" or "ideal" eros.

Followers